Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Having a heart

First of all, let me wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! So in my mind, today is the perfect day to blog about giving back to others and that's exactly what Hiram College is doing. Our mission is to travel to the Dominican Republic to enrich the science education within their school system. Unfortunately, I'm one of few students in the course who will not be traveling on site and interacting with the future scientists. However, this course so far has been a fantastic experience for me. Currently, I've been working on health & body lessons focusing specifically on the heart, an essential muscle key to our survival. What I love most about this topic is that no matter what race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation an individual is we are all similar in having a heart. I'm hoping that the young children learn the shape, function, and location of their heart. I also hope that they learn the importance of a strong heart and how they can protect it over their lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment