Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

and these are the "cooler" months (2000km north of the equator)...

Holy icicles, Batman!



It's about 75°F in Boca Chica right now and the prospects are partly cloudy, but very warm for the remainder of the week.  This is quite a contrast to the official snow day we had at Hiram and to the state of emergency that several Midwestern states have declared because of this winter storm.  When our class met on Monday, we brainstormed over several of the lessons we are preparing  – one of which is about the weather.  I wonder how the children of Caminante would react to the snow?  I imagine that they would love it and all of its potential for fun.



We are working on a way to bring some “snow” with us, but (just in case) we’ll have plenty of pictures as visual back-ups. 
Here are a few images I snapped as I shoveled today.  I hope everyone is warm and cozy!



The streaks of light are falling snowflakes!
meet Libby... my resident snow-pup











0 comments:

Post a Comment